Wednesday 16 May 2012

sunday brunch.

Hello everyone!

So on Sunday, as it was Mother's day, my cousins and I cooked a brunch for all the mothers. I took some pictures of the food and thought it would be cool to blog them. Which is kind of out of the ordinary  because it is not make-up, but I'm proud of the pictures I took and thought I would share them with all of you.


My extended family is quite a lot of people. We had to cook a lot of food, but it turned out fabulously! 


Our buffet style - gluten free sausages, bacon, and scrambled eggs.


These are mini cheese cakes - cup cake style. They are also gluten free, which is a plus because some people in my family have a gluten sensitivity called Celiac. They were absolutely delicious, and super easy to make! I think they look very pretty as well. 


The dining room set up. I went for a spring look - bright colours and shiny cutlery.


My cousin made these home made, gluten free home fries. They were absolutely delicious! And were very easy to make as well. 


We cheated and bought the fruit tray instead of making our own. We were short for time anyway, so it helped not having to cut up all that fruit! We just used vanilla yogurt for the fruit dip.


Home made meat pie. One of the family's favourite dishes.


We also cheated on the muffins, we did not make them from scratch. Bought them from a grocery store in Canada named Sobey's. They were actually quite moist and almost tasted like they were home made. Would definitely buy these again.


Shrimp rings happen to me my family's most favourite appetizers. Placed that on the table before the main meal.


Last but not least, strawberries for our traditional Mother's Day Brunch bevarage - Mimosa's.

All in all, we made a wonderful Mother's Day Brunch, it all came together quite nicely. Stressful to entertain a lot of people (cleaning, preparing food etc.) but it was all worth it. I know that this is not a make up review. But I do like to share little points of my life with all of you as well sometimes! 

Hope you all had a nice Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment