Wednesday 1 October 2014

Brand Focus : Mary Kay Mineral Eye Shadows



Happy October Everyone! 

I hope everyone is enjoying their fall so far - we all know fall is a major season within the beauty world!

I happened to treat myself to a little neutral eye shadow shopping spree... I wanted to know what the Mary Kay Mineral Eye Shadows were like. I needed to see if they could compare to my oh so over loved Urban Decay Naked Palette. 

Let me tell you, I was not disappointed!

I photographed all of the pictures before I took the shadows out of their original packaging - this is how they would be delivered to you. (Mary Kay happens to sell THE most convenient, compact, magnetic palettes too!)






Swatches!!

Shades Left to Right (in all photos below): Amber Blaze, Sweet Cream (matte), Espresso (matte), Lavender Fog (matte), Driftwood (matte), Hazelnut (matte), French Roast




 Shades Left to Right (in all photos below): Chocolate Kiss, Glistening Gold (sparkle shade), Rose Gold, Copper Glow, Truffle, Honey Spice, Granite




 Overall Review:

Really good pigmentation, they don't crease, work really well on their own or with a base cream shadow/primer. Amazing dupes for the Urban Decay Naked Palette! All Mary Kay Mineral Eye Colours sell for $8.00 (that's a steal!!!).

The Mary Kay website says: "The mineral-based formula is famous for its oil-absorbing properties, ease of application and excellent coverage. Plus, these long-lasting, crease resistant, fade resistant shades look fabulous on every skin tone"  

In my perspective: definitely crease resistant (as I mentioned before), long wearing (I go from day time to night time without reapplying...ever), and I rarely notice any oil build up on my eyelids while wearing these - let's just cut to the chase - I am very impressed and the Mary Kay website is true to their word.

Happy October everyone and I will see you in my next post! 

cheers and go ahead and try a Mary Kay Mineral Eye Colour. 

amy xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment