Thursday 9 October 2014

FOTD: Autumn Neutrals with Mary Kay



"I'm so glad I live in a world where 
there are Octobers." Anne of Green Gables

I can't tell you how excited I am that the leaves are turning colours, falling, and crunchy. This upcoming weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. I have put together a make up look with the new Mary Kay Eye Shadows my previous post was about ( http://thoughtsfromamyr.blogspot.ca/2014/10/brand-focus-mary-kay-mineral-eye-shadows.html ). 




I used Sweet Cream as the base shadow.

 I used Hazelnut to start emphasizing my crease.

I used Truffle to add more definition to my crease. Blended into the Hazelnut colour.

I used Rosegold right under my lower lashline, to give more of a 'smokey' effect. Blend, blend blend.

I used Glistening Gold (the most sparkly shadow I purchased out of the whole lot) in the inner corners of my eyes to make them appear farther apart and I applied to the middle of my lid to bring attention to my iris and to make my eyes look bigger (gives an anime effect).





Lastly, I used Mary Kay's Lash Love Mascara in I <3 Plum. Plum is such an autumn colour and I thought it could spice the look up a little bit. It's very subtle, which is nice. You can only tell that the lashes are plum in certain lights - you could totally get away with wearing this at work. The formula of the mascara is just like any other Mary Kay Mascara - wet, pigmented, easy to apply, and it is lengthening as well. However, Mary Kay Mascaras...are a whole other blog post that will be coming soon! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 

cheers && go ahead and try a different coloured mascara to spice up your thanksgiving FOTD.

amy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment