Monday 10 February 2014

Brand Focus: ARBONNE



Monday
     Monday
             Monday...

Two very different ways of looking at the first day of the week...either you can totally hate it because it is the first day back into the grind, back to work or school...relaxing Sunday is officially over. OR you could look at this day as a fresh start to the week, a new beginning - if you had a crappy last week, oh well, it is Monday - time to have a good week :)

With that in mind, I have a new brand to share with all of you. I have recently been introduced to this particular brand. ARBONNE has made its way to Canada and I have attended a few parties that were dedicated to introducing the brand. 

ARBONNE is very focused on creating healthy products that everyone can use. There are a lot of people in my family that have certain allergies, which cause them to react to some things that are found in makeup and skin care products. ARBONNE has made it so they do not  have to worry about these things. This brand has promised that their products are completely free of: animal products/by-products, parabens, formaldehyde, PABA, synthetic dyes, Triclosan, Hydroguinone, and Gluten. As much as I am a beauty product fanatic, I do realize that a lot of products have unnecessary additives that are injecting our bodies with things that are not so healthy for us. Such as Parabens...chemicals that have been scientifically proven to be connected with cancer (especially breast cancer). A lot of makeup and skin care companies use these chemicals in order to preserve their products. I am not going so far as to change all of my skin care and makeup products over to this brand, simply because I just love to collect and try everything in the beauty world. However, I figure even if I change a few of my beauty products over to ARBONNE, can make a bit of a difference.


I purchased some of ARBONNE's shampoo and conditioner, everyone at the parties were raving about this shampoo and conditioner and how it made their hair feel really soft, even if it was colour treated. I have recently started highlighting my hair again, and so my hair has become a little bit brittle. I have used this shampoo and conditioner for a week now, and I do not notice much of a difference, I don't know if I have to use it a little more to get the "soft hair" effect. I am going to see how the rest of the bottle goes before I completely give up on it. The scent of both the shampoo and conditioner is quite refreshing and naturally citrus-y.


I have never owned a very good toner before, but I have been getting some pretty bad break outs around my chin area, and I noticed that after I took a shower or washed my face...my skin would be quite red. This "Clear Advantage Clarifying Toner" (this particular toner is directed towards acne treatment, ARBONNE has toners for other skin types as well) has totally made a difference! I am absolutely in love with this product. It has helped with both the break outs and the redness! There is no scent to this product.


Oh ARBONNE, your makeup primer is supreme! It leaves my face feeling so soft and smooth, completely filling in any pores, creating a flawless surface before I apply any makeup. I give this makeup primer about 10 thumbs up! This will be a holy grail product within my skin care routine. There is no real scent to this product either. 


Lastly, I needed a new body scrub, so I decided to give this a try. It really isn't anything too special, the scent is very refreshing (nothing I would rave over though) and the exfoliating beads leave my skin feeling very soft and moisturized. Just like any other scrub...but remember, the bonus is there are no additives whatsoever!

OVERALL

I am quite happy with these purchases, obviously I am more excited over some than others...but I think I am planning on purchasing more from ARBONNE, I am definitely open to give it all a try :)

T'was a long post again, thank you for sticking with me!!

cheers && here's to starting the week off fresh!

amy xo. 




2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I'll go check them out ^^ Looks really good.

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emi,

      It is a really good brand, their products are definitely high quality :)

      thanks for reading!

      Delete